My research brief is to look at the spread of the original alphabet and its adaptation by various peoples around the world.
I am interested in why and how the alphabet initially evolved into existence, and then how it changed over time and spread to areas beyond its original development.
I looked at Wikipedia as a starting point and it suggested it evolved from Egyptian hieroglyphics and cuneiform. I'd like to look more closely at that idea and how that original alphabet then evolved to the Greek alphabet and Aramaic, and from Aramaic into the Indian alphabets and further into Asia to alphabets used in Tibet and Korea, etc. In the topics I looked at in Wikipedia: 'Original Alphabet' and simply 'Alphabet', there seemed to be a few references throughout both entries and I plan to check those out and the 'References', 'Further Reading' and 'External Links' at the end of the entries.
I also plan to look at what there is in the catalogues and databases available through Swinburne Library.
In addition to its development, I'm interested in who was using it, and for what purpose.
Maybe as I go along I will narrow the research, I'm not sure at this stage. Maybe I will find some related information that interests me and explore that a little too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment