
I've been looking at images, what there is and whether they're protected by copyright or not.
The image on the left (Kwamikagami 2005) is a script termed Proto-Sinaitic. 'Proto' suggests an early version: half way between hieroglyphics and a linear alphabet, and 'Sinaitic', that evidence of it was found in the Sinai. It was found during archaeological work at a former turquoise mine at Serabit, in the high mountains of the Sinai. The letters are pictorial, and represent the first sound of the word for the image. Being pictorial helped users to remember them. (The word is 'Ba'alat', the name of a god.)
I've also been trying other layouts and made a change to this color scheme, heading and organisation. I've inserted some in-text links but so far haven't found a video link I want to insert. One of the BBC references in the second post is an interesting podcast though.
With this post, my 'research' has been more technical in nature - ie getting more of a handle on copying images, checking copyright, inserting links, reviewing Harvard referencing, etc - than subject-based.
Next, I want to check databases and broaden my research. If there's time I'd like to play around with the appearance of the blog and see if I can find some relevant videos, but that may be a bit later.
Reference:
Kwamikagami 2005, viewed 4 April 2010, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abjad
No comments:
Post a Comment